Embassy Location: London, United Kingdom
Validity: Single Entry – This is likely to change in the coming months
Issue time: Standard Service – 1 Week / Express Service – Next Day
Nationalities accepted: UK residents
Embassy Submission days: Mondays / Wednesdays / Fridays
Embassy Collection days: Mondays / Wednesdays / Fridays
Submission Method: For a first Iranian visa only, the applicant must attend the embassy in person on the day of application to give biometric information.
However, as the embassy retains the biometric information, attendance is not required for any subsequent visa applications.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
PASSPORT – Standard passport, 6 month’ validity from date of entry required along with a minimum of two blank pages.
LETTER OF INVITATION FROM THE EMPLOYER – this must be from the company you are working with in Iran.
- The letter must be issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Iran
- The letter must contain an official reference number
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs must have sent a copy of the letter to the consular section of the embassy before we are able to submit the application.
UK LETTER OF GUARANTEE – A letter of introduction issued by the applicants UK employer, this must:
- Be addressed to the embassy
- Be on company headed paper
- Include the name of applicant
- Specify the purpose of journey
- Include the name of the organisation(s) to be visited
- Match the letter of invitation with regards to the requested number of entries and length of visa required.
- Include a confirmation of financial responsibility for the applicant
- Be signed by the applicant’s manager or HR department
A template of this letter can be provided, please request this from your point of contact.
HEALTH AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE – This must be valid for the full period the visa is being requested for.
STEP 2 – On confirmation the documents are in order please arrange for the following original documents to be delivered to the address stated below:
- 2 X APPLICATION FORMS
- 2 X COLOUR PASSPORT PHOTOS
- HEALTH & ACCIDENT INSURANCE
STEP 3 – The application will be couriered to our colleagues in Stockholm, here it will be submitted into the embassy at the first available date. Confirmation will be sent on confirmation from the embassy the application has been accepted.
Please note, the embassy accepting the application is not a guarantee that the application has been successful, the embassy reserves the right to request further details, rejection of the application is at the embassies discretion.
STEP 4 – On the visa being issued a copy will be scanned and emailed to the point of contact. Should you have stated your preferred return method on the processing form this will be sent immediately. We will endeavour to send the passport back on the day the visa is issued, this cannot be guaranteed.
DELIVERY OF DOCUMENTS
Postal / Courier / Hand Delivery
The Visa Team
1 Lyric Square
London, W6 0NB
Tel: +44 203 542 8011
The Visa Team recommends that all items being sent to ourselves are done using Royal Mail Special Delivery or any secure and trackable courier service. Our offices are open from 8.30 – 17.30 every working week day to receive mail.